Rigid Athletic Sports Tape | R.A.S.T Rockford Kinesiology
Ideal for Injury Support, Joint Stabilization & SPORTS Prevention
- Strong rayon cloth with a STRONG adhesive mass.
- Extra Strong Strapping Tape.
- Support joints under extra-high stress.
- Stable support for high impact activity
- Highly adhesive
- Width: 38mm
RK Rigid Strapping Tape is a strong supportive tape that stabilizes joints during physical activity in all conditions. It is effective in both prevention and rehabilitation taping techniques. It works by restricting the movement of ligaments, tendons, and joints in order to prevent injury under high-stress physical conditions. Constructed to be as stable as possible with a high-quality rubber adhesive mass.
Rockford Kinesiology R.A.S.T is the extra strong high-stress support tape, ideal for sports activities. It can be used anywhere, for workouts, professional athletes, sports competitions, weightlifting, ankle, knee, wrist, under the recommendation of a specialist.
If correctly applied, the R.A.S.T is an extra-strong athletic tape that can help you recover as quickly & comfortably as possible. It can be used to help speed up the recovery of injured muscles, support, and protection for the joints.
With latex, the R.A.S.T bandage with inelastic staple fiber support, easily breakable by hand, can be used alone or as a complement of adhesive elastic bandages in order to limit more the joint movement.
Constructed to be as stable as possible, restricts the movement of ligaments, tendons, and joints to prevent injury or re-injury under high-stress conditions. It helps prevent sprains during intense sports activity.
100% high-quality cotton sports tape that tears easily, and the edges make it very simple to use. The breathable cotton material makes each wear much more enjoyable and efficient.
It can be applied as preventative taping and also for post-injury taping (rehabilitation techniques) following injury.
- Check the skin to be clean, dry and free from any creams or lotions.
- Start with the hypoallergenic tape layer (pre-tape) and apply it without tension.
- Apply each layer pre-tape smoothly – taking care not to cause any creases or wrinkles which can be uncomfortable, cause pressure and skin irritation.
- Apply the R.A.S.T. on top of the hypoallergenic tape. The tape should conform to the body with even pressure.
- The Rigid Athletic Sports Tape should not extend beyond the pre-tape thus avoiding possible skin irritation.
- Once applied you must check the area and check surrounding skin circulation. If the skin is excessively cold, bluish or if lack of sensation is reported then the tape is too tight and should be removed.
- The patient should feel comfortable and able to function in movements. Gentle skin traction should be felt when the person moves into a flexed posture, without any painful sensations.
- Remove the tape if skin irritation or redness occurs.
- Never rip or pull off tape forcefully.
- Advise the patient it can be helpful to remove the tape when wet e.g.; after a shower.
- Remove the hypoallergenic tape layer with rigid tape on top carefully by peeling back on itself and pushing the tape away from the skin.
- Check for redness and skin irritation.
- Allergy to latex and taping materials
- Open wounds, active infection or irritation of area of skin to be taped
- History of hypersensitive skin or pre-existing skin conditions e.g.; psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis
- Circulation compromised in the area
- Sensation compromised in the area
This athletic tape is skin color and provides quicker application while simultaneously eliminating threading. Be sure to seek advice from a sport’s med specialist if you’re unsure about the most effective strapping techniques.
This Product and The Content are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health providers with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
If you are a health care professional developing your career in physical rehabilitation, you can learn the most efficient techniques of Sports Taping used by our trainers, worldwide. Take a closer look at our courses, here: https://sportmedlab.com/education/